Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 21, 2014
A mentor story
This popped into my head today...some years back I was meeting with my mentor for a training ride. She had one of those personalities that could go from funny to fuming in about 2 seconds. Now I was aware she was on some meds for arthritic discomfort and she would predose before a competition. So I concoct this bogus story that the BOD is voting on drug testing for the riders. Her face went from shocked to appalled to steamed in rapid succesion. She bought it and was just hoppin mad. I finally let her know I was kidding...but. her reaction concerning drug free competition was the best, EVER.