Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
January 22, 2014
Phebes little running walk....
I'm floored. Did some research on her sire line and we have both Saddlebred and Tennessee Walker up pretty close. Her doing that little gait at the walk always mystified me, but I guess this explains it. At least a few gaited horses in her sire's pedigree. The Master Key, Delight of Pride, Pride of Midnight. No way of telling if there was gaited in Saddlebred line. Phebes didn't quit growing until she was seven. She is a good solid 15 hands now. Looking foward to more work with her come spring.
FWF MAGIC MARKER H, PINTO, 1998