Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
December 1, 2013
If you are an aspiring Endurance Rider READ THIS BLOG
"It concerns me sometimes that we’ve made success in our sport seem like some unattainable thing, requiring hours and hours of ceaseless daily conditioning over mountains at a gallop with a heart rate monitor and reverse splits and seven gazillion supplements.
It’s just not that complicated."
Patti Stedman talks good sense here.
I've not had the pleasure of meeting Patti, maybe someday. But I owe her a huge debt of gratitude for telling me that I "could" do this thing I'd longed for, for so long. I had ridden literally thousands of training miles trying to prepare for something I felt was beyond my horse, beyond me, when all I really needed was the belief that I COULD DO IT. She was right. She was also right about some other things. So Patti, here's to you! You are the kind of person we need waving the flag of distance riding, especially the aspiring new riders, stripping away the senseless barriers, and bringing back the idea of what the sport should be FUN.