Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
October 18, 2013
We got another 25 mile ride under our belts today. We did it over an extremely hilly course. You were up or you were down, less than 30% was flat. Journey hung tough for the first 20 mile loop. We had a break, then went back out for another 5 and sped things up a bit. We made it in with seconds to spare if there had been a clock. I can only hope that she is condtioned enough to complete. It will all depend on if she gets to ride with a buddy. Otherwise I think that mentally she will throw in the towel. Her pulse down was about five minutes. It always is. She drank well, literally tanking up at the creek stops, nibbled on grass, was mostly well behaved except for an impressive spook that left skid marks on the blacktop road from her boots. She held her pee all day. Would not pee until I turned her out. Not good. She is in the barn stuffing her face I hope.