If you have a wide foot finding a decent women's riding boot is pain (like really---a pain). I've worn Ariat Terrain's in the past but had to take them to a shoe place and have them stretched to widen up the shoe to barely fit over my injured right foot. It helped, but sometimes it just really bound my foot and the pain was unreal. LSEGH has been web-searching for months looking for a wide riding boot that is also affordable and replaceable. We discovered that you can obtain a Women's Ariat Terrain in a WIDE here. Shipping is free and returns are free if they don't fit. Alas it only comes in Taupe, but I'll take what I can get. Price: about $90. I got a size larger than I usually wear and the room in the foot box feels pretty good (even on the swollen foot).
If you need a wide in the waterproof boot it is available at Ariat's website but costs $109.95 plus shipping. That boot comes in a nice dark leather that is treated to be waterproof. Very attractive, functional looking boot.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association