September 6, 2013

We've had a good week.

But our miles have kind of snuck up on me.  Over 40 miles in a 7 day period.  She chugged along today for almost 17 miles, but I could tell she wasn't "feeling" it if you know what I mean.  Cooperative, but not energetic about the whole process.  In fact, when I came in she chowed for a few minutes and promptly fell asleep!  After today I'll cut her chow back, and only do some short hill sessions, then a few days off to recover before our long ride next weekend.  I sure hope the humidity is back down by then.  It was great riding today without a river of sweat down my back.  Her recovery time was much better.  I am just going to have to resign myself to the prospect that Journey will always (if I'm lucky) be the last horse in.  No complaints on our boots.  Nice clean fetlocks, pastern area.  ZERO booting issues.  I wish I'd discovered and made the leap to Renegades a long time ago...and I know, some of you tried to tell me.  But I'd bought eight boots, and couldn't afford to jump into that kind of spending right away.  Guess it is good my others wore out when they did, as these have been a great solution for Journey's hoof.  Hope to order her fronts soon in orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment