Great news for the folks who ride LD and like to ride for the win. I hear the motion passed, and BC for LD will be mandated at all rides (unless none of the horse's are deemed fit) (in which case...they should not complete in the first place?).
Now the rumblings are that certain Ride Managers in the western regions will simply quit having LD rides. I can see where some old curmudgeon manager might do this out of protest, but it sure wouldn't make for a profitable ride. If they aren't having an LD, someone somewhere is, and the dollars will follow.
Will this new rule be of use to me? VERY UNLIKELY IF EVER. But I am happy for those riders who manage their horses well enough to show for BC. Now they will get to.
The other motion that passed is that LD riders can have their mileage put on a jacket, combined or separately from their Endurance Miles, but at their own expense. The jacket would have the AERC logo on it. If you have a lot of miles in your LD coffer this might be a nice thing to celebrate those miles, or to put all those rider patches on.
It has been a good day for LD riders ☺
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association