LSEGH (long-suffering endurance granny husband) put a fresh trim on the Spotted Wonder and we set to fitting the new boots. I could get them on her but it was tight and difficult, so overall they were a tad to narrow, and about as much to short. Customer service is helping me and thinks we need to jump up a size. So my orange lovelies ship back to Arizona tomorrow. My next long ride is almost three weeks out so hoping we can get her fixed up, fitting, and running in four by then. In the meantime, I'll stick to shorter rides, on dirt for the most part, boot the front when I feel I have to and say it is good.
An interesting take away from the folks at Lander Industries is that the heel captivators come in different sizes. Who knew! I sure didn't. So the shell of the Viper comes in multiple sizing increments for varied hoof sizes, and the captivator is based on heel bulb size, these two variable alone should give a lot more people booting options. Crossing my fingers that we will be one of those people ☺
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association