Read about TEAM FIXIE's experience at 2013 Sun River 100 mile here and the crew's experience here. What happened there makes me feel so very sad.
But I'm so freaking proud of their ride. That Funder, she's something else (in an entirely good way). Horse ain't "half bad" either. You have to wonder about whoever was managing the ride though....what a crock!
And a personal note to "Funder":
I still believe in the concept of to finish is to win. I believe that you and Dixie can, and I believe that YOU WILL conquer your pinnacle ride of 100 miles.
Best wishes in the future to my favorite endurance duo.
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association