Journey sat it out this past weekend for the CMO ride at Kankakee River. Instead I was riding the lovely Amir, and we placed well both days. Day #1's effort had little to do with me, but day #2 I did find the first two plates, so felt I contributed to the "team effort." For the life of me I can't remember if our group was second or third place day one, but I'm sure our placement was second day two. In the process I learned a little about making a landmark fit rather than moving on ...and finding "the" landmark. The ride was well-run by Pat Mouw. Thanks Pat! A big thank-you to Marti Caldwell too, as she let me hitch a ride up to Kankakee.
I'm crossing my fingers that Journey will get to go to the next one at Tippecanoe here in northern Indiana. There is some threat of cancellation due to the swarming mosquitoes, virtually clouds of the things bearing down on horse and human alike. If I can't make Tippe, not sure I'll be free to go again until October. Riding now on a short-course team and we need to get at least a couple of faster ones, so we were shooting for Tippe. The team name is: The Double Dare Me's but in retrospect should have been The Old Grey Mares *LOL*. CMO is a lot of fun, hope it finds its way down here to southeastern Indiana.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association