The Distance Derby launched last year right after we closed entries for the BBBDR. They had a very successful group for 2012 and are taking entries for 2013 at the Derby's blog here. If you rode the BBBDR last year, I encourage you to give it a whirl. I have just written to inquire if they would graciously let me compete for 2013. I need a reason to get my butt back in the saddle again. You must have a GPS (garmin, on your phone,etc) to track your miles. The prize is bragging rights. Some of the ladies logged some really high mileage. Even if you aren't interested in logging miles, check them out. It is inspiring what women accomplish when they pull together for a common goal. ~ E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association