Bitter shift in weather today. I guess Thanksgiving was the last great day of FALL. Today the wind was blustery and the temps took a nose dive towards freeze your fingers stiff cold. Most of the day was a wait for the winds to settle down some, and then grab Journey for some work in the round pen. Our last lesson stuck. She trotted without rushing, changed direction when I asked, and stopped when prompted. She did not have happy mare ears, but she was attentive and compliant. Then we did some jumping on the lunge-line which she usually enjoys, but seemed cranky about with the icy wind blowing right up her doo-dah...who can blame her. The horses were all so glad to line up and go indoors this evening. We put them in early to get them shelter from the wind.
I created a pin-map today. Entered a bunch of ride locations to see where the best cluster is when I combined UMECRA and NACMO rides that interest me. Looks like I need to move north. Now why on earth would I go that direction when it is COLDER there? If we were living there I could concentrate on NACMO rides for conditioning, and still grab an LD or a CTR now and then . The cluster was so good that I do believe I'd have a ride almost every weekend if I'd want to. With NACMO that would be affordable.
LSEGH has homemade flat bread in the oven, and I'm heading that direction ☺
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association