September 27, 2012

Seriously Busy Day Today

First on my agenda is figuring out what I'm going to eat.  I'm just not really enthralled with the type of food one eats out of a cooler (since I do not have modern amenities), and I end up resorting to boiled eggs (blech!) coffee drinks (sorry, not a good hot cup of JOE), and sandwiches (my nose is all pinched up).  So it isn't the shopping for the stuff, it is the deciding which kind of icky cold food will be on my breakfast and dinner plates.  I'm just a mashed potato/gravy kind of gal (which is why I'm also too fat!).

Then I have to pack.  LSEGH doesn't know if he's coming or not, but I have to pack as if he is, in case he does.  You make sense on that score.  The weather is a crap shoot of hot and sweaty day temps vs. cold frosty overnights.

Planning my drive route.  The directions from the ride itself will put me way out of my way.  I want to avoid Indianapolis...So I'm looking at the most direct route and hope I don't end up in ILLINOIS or KANSAS.  If you knew me personally this would resonate with you...could very possibly happen *LOL*.

The Spotted Wonder is stinky dirty and needs a bath. 

My tack needs cleaned (but I'm not gonna do it).

So the spirit is willing, but there's a lot needs doing.

~E.G.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about "cooler food." Nothing hits the spot more than a hot breakfast before a ride. I bought myself a little gadget called a "Jet Boil" that will boil a couple cups of water on my tailgate within a couple of minutes (according to the salesguy at REI). I also have some instant backpacker meals that you just add hot water to and in a couple of minutes you have a hot breakfast or dinner. I think the meals are pretty tasty. I haven't used my Jet Boil yet, but probably will at my next ride. I will let you know how it goes! I also have a little thing called a "Pocket Stove." It is a tiny backpacker stove that is small enough to fit in a cargo pocket. I love that little thing, but in order to use it I have to find a cement or graveled area to set it up---can't always find such a place at an endurance ride. I just thought I would share since hot water is such a luxury when you are camping at a ride.

    ReplyDelete