First on my agenda is figuring out what I'm going to eat. I'm just not really enthralled with the type of food one eats out of a cooler (since I do not have modern amenities), and I end up resorting to boiled eggs (blech!) coffee drinks (sorry, not a good hot cup of JOE), and sandwiches (my nose is all pinched up). So it isn't the shopping for the stuff, it is the deciding which kind of icky cold food will be on my breakfast and dinner plates. I'm just a mashed potato/gravy kind of gal (which is why I'm also too fat!).
Then I have to pack. LSEGH doesn't know if he's coming or not, but I have to pack as if he is, in case he does. You make sense on that score. The weather is a crap shoot of hot and sweaty day temps vs. cold frosty overnights.
Planning my drive route. The directions from the ride itself will put me way out of my way. I want to avoid Indianapolis...So I'm looking at the most direct route and hope I don't end up in ILLINOIS or KANSAS. If you knew me personally this would resonate with you...could very possibly happen *LOL*.
The Spotted Wonder is stinky dirty and needs a bath.
My tack needs cleaned (but I'm not gonna do it).
So the spirit is willing, but there's a lot needs doing.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association