OMG---I'm beside myself. That's the good news.
Here's the "bad news". The saturday ride is going to be a problem solving ride. Meaning you have your clues to look for, but the management is purposely tweaking the difficulty to make people think outside the box. Unfortunately I've just barely clawed my way "into" the box. So I may have to follow and look somewhere at cloud formations, and hum a tune so as not to confuse my budding awesomeness (hey! I HAVE TO, DO YOU?). Sunday's ride will be more normal in respect to clues and such.
I spent this afternoon in the yard setting up clues and targets (which I hid). Figuring if I could get the coordinates right to set them up for LSEGH to find, then I would easily be able to do a find as the process is the same. I set them up, and he found them. Was off a degree here and there because the marks on the compass are so small ...but close enough that he was able to locate the plates. Then we worked on TO vs. FROM. People I'm feeling it. I'd love to set up one of these rides!
Journey has been on break while I've worked through my funk. Saddled her up after a two week lay-off and she about cleaned my clock she was so full of herself. Must point her at some hills tomorrow. Geeeez....
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association