God willing and the farm doesn't blow away, or my daughter need surgery for her toe which is now at an unhealthy 65 degree angle and fully fractured, or, or, or, or "other" pending chaos, I'm planning a long ride for Journey over this weekend, so life...I'm warning you, stay out of my way!!! I'll be setting up the horse trailer near our big old shade tree, sponging buckets, watering buckets, hay bags, and horsey pizza...I may even put up my portable shade.
Light a candle for me will you that we manage to get this thing done, at above 5.5 mph!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association