July 15, 2012

ODE to POWER STRAPS

Goodbye vet wrap...Hello POWER STRAPS!

I've been losing a boot now and then lately and I know why.  The shells on these boots belonged to Phebes, they are old enough that they don't have the break over on them, so three years, four?  Phebes used them on LD's so she had easily 250 miles there, and sometimes in training at least another 100 miles, and Journey has put over 500 miles on them, so 850 miles approximately on this one set of Glove Shells.  They've stretched a bit.  So I'd been using layers of vet wrap to the tune of two rolls each ride lately as I'd been wrapping the pastern as well.  About $4 of vet wrap every ride.  So yesterday I finally caved and decided it was time to actually take the Power Straps out of the package, and see if they made a difference.  I'm ashamed to say I've had these in my booting box for about a year.  I don't know why I was so resistant to installing them on the gloves.   Test rode them this morning, and torqued up some hills, slid down some others, cantered the flat, and trotted through a grassy field, about seven miles.  The boots stayed on great! 

 The Spotted Wonder thinks her throat has been cut she has not eaten for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
 The old shells, new power straps, and the thin neoprene pastern wrap.  This is the best fit I've ever had on the boots, no rubs, sturdy gaiters.
AWESOME!

If you are procrastinating on Power Straps here is the Easycare video on application. 

No comments:

Post a Comment