No this is not another boring reminder to wear your helmet. This is a reminder to be extra careful going under tree branches while wearing it. The vent holes in the helmet are perfect for catching small limbs and then about jerking your head loose. I ducked under some today and got my head nearly jerked off my shoulders. This has happened about three different times now in different places. One time she backed into some stuff and it caught me the other direction. I can see where this could be very hazardous to the health of your neck. Keep it in mind when you are out there ducking under things on the trail.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association