Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
June 8, 2012
Old Style Gaiter vs. New Gaiter on the Gloves
I've ordered four of the old style, we will see! I previously used those on Phebes and we did have intermittent rubbing issues particulary in the front. The new Gaiters are far less likely to do that but the quality of the velcro attachment is light years behind the quality of the velcro attachment on the old Gaiters. My hope is that with some well-placed vet wrap (I should have stock in that stuff) that we can work it out. Someone needs to invent some marino wool inner socks to line the cuff on these and bring those babies back! Those old gaiters wore like iron. I have some on Big Cree's boots that are three years old. Granted he doesn't put many miles on them, but the way the old gaiters were made the velcro just lasted and lasted! I'll keep you all posted. ~E.G.