The primary loops for LD at Henryville in the Clark State Forest sustained a direct hit by a pair of massive tornadoes on Friday. These are the Mountain Grove and Pekin loops. The Deam Lake area which is part of the Endurance loop also suffered a major hit. Work groups are mobilizing to try and open up these trails. The Indiana Trail Rider's Association is planning work in the Deam Lake area and The Pekin Saddle Club has the next three weekends planned for the Mountain Grove and Pekin loops in the Clark State Forest. If you can volunteer time, or anything else to this project please contact Barb at :
Clean up days for Tornado damage for Horse Trails, Jackson Road area that is between Pekin Saddle Club and Deam Lake. March 10 & 11. Also March 18 and March 24 & 25. Headquarters will be Pekin Saddle Club for March 10 & 11. This area took a direct hit and looks very bad. Starting at 9:00am each day with sign in sheet and permits for ATV's, 4-Wheelers, tractors and skid loaders. Please let me know later in the week if you can come and help. More information as we get it put together. Volunteers can come in on Friday evening if needed. Bring Horse trailers and stay overnight. More info later this week.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association