Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 17, 2012
CREW BAG: Initial review
The Tough-1 gear bag arrived today. It was much roomier than I expected. I folded up a horse blanket in one compartment and had room to spare. There is a side pocket that will hold a hoof boot, zipper compartments where I can stow vet wrap, scraper, hoof pick and a brush, a pocket for a nice fat flake of hay, and honestly room for a change of clothes if I want to. The bag itself is very light weight with shoulder carry straps. The zippers could be better, but then you wouldn't be getting that price. I figure if they become an issue I'll put velcro tabs on, but I'll leave judgement out on the zippers until I've used the bag for a while. Our's is royal blue as I thought it would make it easier to spot in the case of an "away" check which I've only had one of thus far ever. My real purpose for it is just getting everything assembled easily in one spot neatly. For the price? $28.52...(at one online store) I'd say worth it. ~E.G.