I'm experiencing an EPIC seasonal slump. Lifting a leg to move from place to place is more than I find currently appealing...it is like the motivation and life has been sucked out of me. I do well as long as I'm on track and inching forward. It is the backwards moments that really tax my mind. I'm not a person who enjoys the idle time of winter or rainy springs. I'd make a lousy vampire... The little things are keeping me somewhat glued into place. Got my trailer tags for the year, park pass and bridle tags came in this week. My gear is the cleanest I've seen it in two years ('cause we aren't working), I have the pads to test drive over park service road. Front concavity of hoof continues to make progress. The old bruising on her rear hooves has worked its way almost all the way down to the bottom of the hoof wall.
It would have been a nice sunny day to ride except for the gusty wind that had the horses running, snorting, blowing, with eye staring off into outer space at unseen demons. I'm over riding "crazy." Picking my battles seems to make more sense. So it was hoof trimming instead for the girls. Fitting pads to Journey's gloves on the fronts. Checking Phebes for scratches which have been problematic of late, but she looked okay.
I need a vacation. Somewhere sunny and warm and QUIET.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association