Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
December 14, 2011
Jim Holland's: Training for Endurance
I love Jim's articles on what a horse needs to know before he starts in endurance. Having read them before it has been awhile since I visited his site. He embraces many of the gentle natural horsemanship principles that result in a well-mannered responsive riding partner. Let's say it is a thinking gentle approach. His series will take you through a set of basic skills that will benefit you and your horse, and would make an outstanding "winter" project.