Page 3 of the November issue of the Endurance News has two proposals that are coming before the board. They are asking for memberships thoughts on these issues.
* Combining LD/Endurance miles in a total mileage column. This combining of miles would not effect annual regional awards. Example: what the proposal would allow is a plateau blanket award that read either "5000 endurance miles" or "5000 combined miles".
*A National Award for Young Riders. This award would be fore junior rirders recognizing the top 5 or 10 high mileage jr. riders. The award itself would come from outside sources and not out of AERC funds.
If you have an opinion please email the Competition Committee: EMAIL INFO HERE.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association