Blue Blazes the Trail
For those of you who have not found Ruth's blog yet...I wanted to share. I recently discovered Blue Blazes the Trail and love Ruth's common sense approach to the distance horse thing. Thought you might enjoy following her to. She is a distance rider in the Northwest. She isn't riding the "perfect" horse. She is still discovering the sport.
An example of her witty writing can be found here.
If you get the chance, pour yourself a cup-a-coffee and enjoy!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association