August 17, 2011

Off on the left hind

It seems the cow episode has put a hitch in Journey's step.  A pretty big hitch.  She is fine at the walk and trot, but at the canter she is "rabbit hopping" bringing both hinds forward together, very off on the left hind. 

"Excuse me while I go bang my head on a solid object."

"Ahhhhhhhhhh....now THAT was productive."

"The neighbor has a 2000 lb. bull, maybe I can start riding that..."

"Perhaps I am destined to become an ACTHA rider afterall."

"Excuse me while I go bang my head on a solid object."

"Good thing I'm working 22 hrs over the next two days."

"Hoping they don't notice the knots on my forehead."

"Yep, yep, the bull's looking good.  Fortunate I work in the states largest mental health facility." 

 ~ E.G.

2 comments:

  1. Even when frustrated, you are so entertaining!
    Let us know how saddling that bull goes . . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, sorry to read this. I have been trying to get riding my mare consistently for the last two months and its been one thing after another..first girth rubs (got a mohair string to fix that), then fly irritation sores on her belly and where the girth goes (War Paint applied daily), then she got mild thrush and was off on the right front for the last week (bought her from the soft sands of Utah to rocky Cali, her hooves are adjusting and growing like mad to protect themselves, started to seal some manure and crap in and started thrush)..last night I rode her out ponying her filly thinking all was hunky dory after the last farrier visit and approved sound trot-out but she is incredibly sensitive on gravel, now I get to wait for the Easyboot Gloves to come to ride her out again....gahhhh

    ReplyDelete