Today's high: 94 degrees
Todays humidity: 68-92 % (depending on the time, right now incredibly humid)
Heat index: Let's just say to miserable to move...I want to go back to bed at 6:34 AM! Either shoot me or pass an oxygen tank cause we are dyin' here. Arms and legs feel like you are wading through mud to get anywhere. The horses have needed cold hosing daily, and our senior horse has looked exhausted with the heat.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association