I guess I should have kept mine so I could turn a profit on it. This is ridiculous.
Price will increase for Specialized Saddles and Accessories as of August 15, 2011.
Eurolights will go from $1349 to $1695
Trailmasters go from $1549 to $1895
Internationals go from $1849 to $2495
Featherweight Trails from $1750 to $2295
Ranch Versatilitys from $1950 to $2350
Wade Saddles from $1950 to $2350
Barrel Saddles from $1950 to $2350
Sorry people. They are nice saddles for some, but plainly just not worth that kind of money (to me as I can't ride it). The price of things for horses has just gone crazy. If you are wanting one before the price jump Trailwise is offering some deals on them. I wouldn't recommend buying direct from the company, you'll want the customer service a dealer will give you.
Pricing on horse gear (and everything else I guess) has gone up, and up, and up. My original Skito only six or seven years ago $80 today $220. That is almost a 200% increase. Fuel from a couple bucks a gallon to at times pushing the $5/gal. margin. Ride entries have so far gone up a little, but not so much as other things related to going to a ride (fuel, food, horse chow, etc.)
I think the equine market is really getting gouged with a sharp stick.
What I really find astounding is a $385 dollar saddle (including the shipping!) is fitting the horse just fine. I'm riding without any discomfort. So for me a cheap little Abetta in my case has the better ride. That is reasonable, even cheap to spend. Even if they don't hold up or you run over it with the truck, you can afford to replace it and not feel like you should lay under the trailer tires.
Excuse me while I go hyperventilate into a paper bag. I can't even say why this makes me as mad as it does...maybe (per Dr. Phil) I have the warrior gene.
If my easyboots shoot through the roof I may just have to invest in a prescription, or steel shoes.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association