June 13, 2011

Thank you all...I feel like a received a HUGE cyber hug!

For the record her name is to be JR Spirit Journey.  Kinda sappy, but her previous name was Spirit and because she was a much loved little mare I wanted to honor her "other mom" by retaining the name Spirit.  The letters JR are my initials...and we add to that the journey.  I think that kind of captures the idea of it.

Mostly she is still settling in.  I won't have time to concentrate on much work until Thursday, though we did have a session on backing out of my space, and leading while respecting my space.  Her Royal Spotted Highness has a "wee" little temper, and she is seriously super smart.  She had herself a little fit, but as the horse training professionals proclaim, fits are free!  It lasted about two seconds, the pressure was kept on,  the light bulb went on, then it was over.  Doug (also known as the Long Suffering Endurance Granny Husband, LSEGH) helped me out today.  She had her front hooves trimmed.  All of our boots are too big!  We have size 0, and size 0.5.  I've got to look what a size smaller is in the easyboot gloves or maybe reorder a fit kit for her.  Her frogs are nice, and her hoof proportion ratio is pretty good.  She has zero concavity on her front hooves and I'm hoping that will come over time.  If not, we'll be padding boots as she was pretty uncomfortable over gravel on the front.  She doesn't have the round barefoot hoof I'm used to, more shaped like the rear hoof at this point.

So color is bay roan with blanket?  I'm waiting for the sun to go down a little so we can loose the shadows and get the pictures I need to send with her registration form.  The weekend sure went fast...can't believe I'm already back to work tomorrow.  ~E.G.

3 comments:

  1. I love her name :)

    I think it's a good omen that you gave her a name with some meaning behind it. I think you two will go far together -- and it sounds like you are already off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete