No I'm not quoting some short version of the biblical flood. It rained last Saturday, some more on Monday, and Tuesday, then Wednesday. Thursday didn't want left out, so it rained a little that night too. Today is Friday and it rained ALL DAY. The forecast for the next five days? Guess what...RAIN. They are saying three more inches this weekend. My furbies are wading in mud again. We are not riding, and are off schedule again. Nor have we tested the seat on the Specialized because it is blue suede and would get spotted in the RAIN and mud, and in case I need to sell it to someone with a smaller hind end, I'm trying to keep it nice and clean, and unspotted. The creeks are flooded. The ground is so saturated that we are getting standing water. I live on a hill top and it is still a slogging awful mess. Wet horses, muddy horses, over it horses. Deep breath. Rant over. At least for today. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association