Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
April 30, 2011
It looks like tye-up
I got her out this morning and walked her on a lead rope in the driveway to see how things were. Her croup muscles got hard and humped up into a spasm, so I'm sure she has had another tye-up. Doug has left to go to the vet and see what we can do to make her more comfortable. I can't see any more LD's or concentrated distance work for this horse. We went for almost two years, and I've ridden her so carefully. Phebes can likely be rehabbed and be a nice trail horse, or work at some type of arena discipline in the future, but I do not feel that she can ever do the thing I so wanted to do. I love this little mare so much, only a few realize the hard work I've put into her, but sometimes dreaming, wanting and believing, are not always enough. ~ E.G.