Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
April 18, 2011
HIGH FIVE! DIXIE!!!
Congratulations on a job well done, Funder and her bodacious equine Dixie completed their first 50! I got so teary when I read it I had to go get another cup of coffee as I remembered how I felt after Phebes best ride after the dreaded old tie-up. Endurance gets to you, it starts somehow crawling into your blood as you take your horsemanship to another level, and you push your own physical boundaries, and try so hard to work out the kinks to keep your horse safe. I know this must have been an awesome bonding experience for these two. So high five Funder and Dixie. You can get the full, complete, and improved ride story here at her blog It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time. ~E.G.