Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
March 15, 2011
Phebes is not like Mikey, she indeed hates EVERYTHING.
Monday we just had a loosening up session in the round pen. She had worked back to back pretty hard days so I figured a few days off would be good for her. We are going to likely be rained out today (if not we will have a schooling session), then I'm back to work dark to dark, so likely nothing done here again until Friday.
I've been trying to curry her coat regularly to assist the shedding process. Didn't get much fur off last night, and all the while she was so ticked that her nose was nearly pinched shut. So....grooming became a training session of I can touch you here, there, and everywhere, and you need to be good about it. Then I did some horsey massage, leg stretching, and tail pulling. She seems to really enjoy the leg stretching and tail pulling, as she was stretching her neck down, chewing, and yawning, all good stuff compared to the usual tensing up and biting at the lead rope. ~ E.G.