Metaphorically speaking...has this been the longest winter ever recorded? We were once again put on the skids with an inch or so of ice. My husband fell twice yesterday trying to walk on it, once at home, and once at work. I've had a couple close calls with my feet skittering underneath, and arms flailing above to hold on to a tenuous state of balance on the incline of our icy driveway. SO OVER IT.
We've had one of the toughest winter here as far as snow and ice that I can remember in years. Soon as it breaks we will schedule for our clinic / evaluation ride and go from there. I'm so anxious to get her back under regular work again. I'm looking forward to lessons as I enjoyed them so much the last time we did it, and it was extremely helpful. Now if Old Man Winter would just pack it up and go.... GO ALREADY!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association