Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 27, 2011
We finally had a nice day with some sunshine
No rain on our radar today so we did some slow hill work. My girl is really out of shape, she was sweated up all over when we came back. Life has a way of taking over around here from time to time, and this happens to be one of those times. When I find myself having the "time" or the "weather" to get back on my horse I'm so bogged down emotionally from other stuff that I'm having difficulty finding the motivation. It was good for me today though to blow off home for the trail, clear out the mental cobwebs, all the while working on head down, head down, head down, with release in between. It took a lot of repetition to keep her in any sort of relaxed frame. We just walked and worked at the head set, and climbed some hills. It is supposed to pour again overnight and again tomorrow, so I don't know if or when we will get back out again. She had plenty of energy today and I think she could have done 10 moderate miles without any problem, though we just stuck with the task at hand. ~E.G.