Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 21, 2011
And Noah built an Ark
Today me and Phebes think we might be needing one too! The sky opened up this morning and it has not let up all day. When I came home at 1:00 the creeks were romping and almost out of their banks. By now I'd say we are in danger of flashflooding. Thankfully we live on a ridgeline well above the creeks, but that does not make us immune to deep sloggy quagmires of mud, or water backing up into the horse stalls. So far so good...tomorrow we should be back to snow again. If this rain had been snow I'd be lucky to have got myself dug out by July! We are now officially three weeks behind on our training schedule.