Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
January 7, 2011
I ride and I become grounded and essential as the bedrock below.
The sun warms my face and the sweet air fills my soul.
I ride and tears waste into tranquility and I am in the moment.
The horse below and the trail ahead become my reality.
I ride and it is the trail that drives me onward.
The smell of sweat and leather is a physical need to fill.
I ride and the time spent with this beautiful creature is all I need.
The view between her ears is a gift of the season and elements.
I ride because of dreams unlived and dreams to come.
She is the magic that will propel me. ~ E.G.