Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
December 6, 2010
Fashion Statements and Dirty Women
I've noticed here in my corner of the midwest region that riders tend to dress rather conservatively (except for the bumble bee incident) ☺. I am an outcast, and fighting my inner demons to indeed not make a total spectacle of myself. I long for knee high striped socks in zany colors (worn of course on the outside of my tights), tie dyed shirts in my color of the day, and if only my hoof boots would sparkle with each and every step. All around me I notice those very civilized equestrians with grey, and black, and brown (except for the bumble bee incident). Sure, they look real nice I mean really, what is wrong with the chubby lady wearing hot pink and glow stick earrings? Must they look at me strangely? My closest concept of looking conservative is an epic fail, though I do sigh and pull on charcoal tights, and a charcoal helmet, and a black or grey shirt. If I'm feeling like I'm gonna have to break out, then blue houndstooth checked tights and a black shirt. Well woooo weeeeee. I'd love to open up my mail box to find ZEBRA STRIPED tights and a glow in the dark T-shirt. Now as if this isn't hardship enough, these same people come into the vet checks looking CLEAN. How do you ride an endurance ride and not sweat like your horse, get slathered in mud, and have horse hair all over you? I swear some of them look as clean when they finish as when they started. Maybe I'm the "eccentric" one of the bunch. Not only do I not make a fashion statement you wouldn't know it anyway because of the sweat, the dirt, and the horse hair. I am an outcast. ~E.G.