1 L 04:19 Janice Taylor on Noways 150/150
2 F 04:19 Cindy LaRoy Young on Lord Of Kings 150/125
3 M 04:27 Bill Wilson on Run Or Roll 150/110 BC
4 H 04:37 Don Meuten on Fury 150/100
These are the top 4 at Spook Run 2010 on day one. After each horses name is a set of two numbers. What is the significance of the numbers? On this particular day the 150/150 horse is not best condition, the 150/110 is the BC, are these some kind of weighted scoring and if so can someone explain to me what the numbers mean? Trying to understand more about Endurance (true endurance vs. LD) scoring and such.
On the second day the 50 mile winners looked like this
1 M 04:05 Robert Gielen on FC Galaxy 150/150 BC
2 J 04:56 McKaleigh Burton on O-ZS Midnight Cowboy 110/0
3 F 04:56 Lois McAfee on LMS Hoosier 150/125
4 J 04:56 Austin Shaffer on Pearl Jam 70/0
Someone help me out?
I'm also curious about the difference between the rules of riding LD and Endurance. For instance, an LD horse's in time is when pulse criteria is met, correct? Does this hold true for an endurance horse? And in LD I might come in 5 minutes behind another LD rider and place above them because of that rule, right? What about endurance? Endurance allows how long now to pulse down to criteria? half hour, or hour? I know a prosepective rule change was in the air, but missed the resolution of that one. Yes. I've looked at the rule book but I'm kind of murky on the understanding part of a few things. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association