I'm not sure exactly of the time, or the day, nor necessarily the month. But there has been a tectonic shift in the relationship between me and my horse. What has always been more a tolerance of her strong will against mine, is shifting like the bedrock, something elemental, dare I say bonded...
Having not seen my girl for two long days I went outside just before lunch. My heart missing, no, NEEDING to touch my horse and bury my face in mane and fur. I called to her, nothing----NO! Thunderous hooves approaching fast! My heart nearly seizes with the emotion that this beautiful, wild thing wishes to be with me. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association