I'm not sure how many Indiana Trail Riders frequent this blog, but just in case I wanted to share an upcoming pleasure trail riding event and also a 5 K walk, that is a benefit for the Horse Feathers Therapeutic Learning Center. After the ride and walk there will be a dinner and dance (free will offering to benefit the center) at 5:30 p.m. Sounds like a fun time to get out with your horse and help a good cause (as well as have some good eats!).
Date: November 6th, 2010
Time: 1:30 P.M.
The 5 K entry fee is $10 for early entry or $12 day of.
The ride fee is $15 (and will last for three hours).
Camping sites are available at the Old Mill Campground, to reserve a site call 812-667-5322.
To inquire about the ride call Jennifer at 812-801-3708.
My pooped out girl was full of energy today. We were riding hill intervals at home and there was nothing wrong with her get up and go, so I'm going to change out my route at Versailles and instead of doing the counter clockwise loop twice, I'm going to drop on down to the next trail over, ride half of it back up, then intersect with the loop that I just came off of which will have us pointed back the direction from which we came. She will know that we are headed back to the trailer instead of away and that should help us pick up a little speed when we hit the flats. Worth a try, I've only got two more weekends over there prior to Spook Run. Hope we get some good rain before the ride to put water in the creeks. I don't like being out for miles and no place for the horses to drink. Most of the time she doesn't anyway until we get back for the break, but you want it there if they need it. Hope all had a lovely ride weekend. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association