Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 30, 2010
i Boot Do you?
I wanted to take a moment to congratulate EasyCare, their product, and the finishing horse and rider teams that completed the Tevis wearing the Easyboot Glue on. Especially my hat is off to "The Fury." Fury's run being the ultimate test of Easycare's product in my mind. Also a big thank you for Easycare's support of the AERC. Economic times are troubled. We see ride numbers way down in our region, and I appreciate that they are giving back to our sport.
It has been exciting to see the evolution of hoof boots in the past ten years. I feel that a time may come where barefoot horses and booted horses are the majority. This will continue to push forward product innovation towards better, and better...hoof boots. I see the challenges. How to make a boot that works for every horse, when the hoof of every horse is different.
My "perfect" hoof boot research and development wish list:
Wide and extra wide sizing. Enter your horse's trimmed hoof measurement and angles into a hoof calculator and order the perfectly sized boot for that horse's hoof. (why not dream big). ~E.G.