My search for a place to work on some lessons / training seems mired down for the present. The local places one is on the market for sale (nice place if you want a horse property in Indiana), one in incommunicato (think he's out of town), and the third just doesn't seem like a good fit for us. Not giving up, but tired of doing nothing on the conditioning front.
Our weather in Indiana has been pretty crummy for the past couple of weeks. We've had so much rain that the horses sink pastern deep walking in the yard. The temps have been in the 90's and the humidity very high. Don't want Phebes to lose her conditioning base, so will have to hit the trail again SOON. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association