Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
May 20, 2010
So this weekend....if the "rain gods" cooperate
Friday afternoon we will do 3 sets of one kind of intervals (hill or cantering flats)
Saturday or Sunday we will do a 10-12 mile workout, hour break at home to refuel, then back out for another 5 miles (our LSD for the week).
Monday or Tuesday we will do 3 sets of whatever kind of intervals we did not complete on Friday.
That is the plan. If it is still slick and muddy ...and we have had rain every day this week .... and if the footing is bad? LSD may be all we can get done out here, but usually the trotting track around the back field stays reasonably good for trotting, so I can concentrate back there as our work area if I have to, it is just the slippery 2 1/2 mile out and back (if I take the short cut) that will be rough, slick, and rutted.
TGIT! (13 hours at work yesterday) Get today over with and gonna enjoy the weekend. ~E.G.