May 4, 2010

Ode to a kidney stone...

You may have noticed that my weekly milage has been suffering. But then, so have I. My CT SCAN on Friday confirmed a 1 mm kidney stone. 1 mm is about the size of an uncooked grain of rice. Should just slide right on out, right? RIGHT??? I am now on day NINE. It has slipped from kidney to ureter (about two inches) with a long ways to go. So why would I bring this up on my endurance blog?

IT IS SLOWING ME DOWN FOLKS. I'm not up to the 9-10 mile sessions I should be doing. Between five days of rain in the past seven days, a calcified piece of "stuff" trying to work from kidney to ...well-you know, I'm feeling the pressure again of not having my horse "quite" ready for the next one. We are only three weeks away from the next ride and are averaging five miles per ride (only 3.5 tonight) God forbid the "thing" gets stuck and refuses to slide the rest of the way down, because I'm gonna be sidelined and heading to see a Urologist.

:(

~E.G.

3 comments:

  1. You poor thing. :( That sounds like it HURTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow.

    My dad had a painful kidney stone incident years ago when he was 25 miles into a 50 mile hike on the Pacific Crest Trail. His buddies helped him, but he basically WALKED HIMSELF OUT to the trailhead 25 miles down. Then he insisted that his friend drive him home (not to the hospital). You just know that had to hurt like the devil.

    Can't they use sound-therapy on yours? That's painless, I've heard....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear it! Hope it passes soon!

    ReplyDelete