The Phebes turned six. The time has sure flown by in an aweful hurry...but I sure like my girl better at six than I did as a youngster!
The sheepskin cover came today. If I can get a dry spell tomorrow I'm going to try it out. Had Phebes out for just a really short ride today. "Just walking" She decided she'd rather trot a few times, so we backed up and started again. I was hoping to check out the gears but we've once more had an abundance of rain. She stepped into a bog that almost went up to her knees. We carefully got out of that and I said heck with it for today. She did not appear to have any soreness, lameness, or other issues. She went with ears pricked forward. So seems we'll be good to go haul out maybe Saturday or Sunday since it is Turkey huunting season here in Indiana and not optimal to ride at home (though I could fully see someone mistaking ME for a turkey). ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association