Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
April 15, 2010
Gone to chase chickens...leave a message at the beep.
Up at 4:00 AM this morning to let out the wonder rattie Maggie May. Sleep alludes me as thoughts and worries roll about in my brain, as to should I do this...or should I do that? After eggs, bacon, and toast the conclusion is just go, just do, try to enjoy instead of worry. Still have to finish loading the trailer with buckets, tubs, my clothes, and food, cooler, ice. Then to catch the Phebes and give her a bath. Never buy a white horse on purpose!
As for decisions? I'll be makin' them as I go. Will be a really warm day today, mildly warm tomorrow, and darned right pleasant the rest of the weekend. Seems like a no brainer doesn't it? NOT! The preliminary plan right now is Friday. The trail is tougher (much more demanding hills), and a little bit longer (30 miles vs. 25), but I figure if we survive this one, we should be good to go for the rest of the season. I'm not at work, I'll be having some kick back time with a suspense novel, maybe a short pleasure ride today to just let her loosen up & get a feel for the trail. So off we go...to chase the chickens, or turkeys, or white tail deer as the case may be! ~E.G.