Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
March 6, 2010
Life is Good
Arabee and Nicole
Even though my Phebes was a little "butt head" today, it was just a wonderful relaxing day. Nicole came over with Arabee and I took her mudding on the hills back here for about 6.75 miles. Arabee did great, very well-behaved, and she pulsed right down when we got back. Okay....Nicole did great too. Actually Phebes was pretty barn sour going out, dragging her fanny and Arabee ended up leading.
Now my little "butt head" did a half roll back at the canter and I about took a dive, this was because of a horse eating squirrel. Then she managed to get some brush in her tail and we had a little mini-rodeo over that. However, she drank good, and had plenty of gas in the tank when we got back. Enough to take a celebratory lap around the winter pasture (which should actually be called the mud lot). Phebes had a three minute pulse down which is good for my little drama queen.
Doesn't Nicole look pretty! I never got my figure back after a baby that fast.
It's been a really nice day :)