Long Riders Gear
Electrolyte Syringes 6/ $14.75 Mine were delivered and look to be good quality. They recommend mixing your e-lytes in pureed carrots or yummy yogurt. I can see how yogurt would be a good buffer for the stomach and also help to rebalance lost flora in the gut.
Stage Coach West
Little S Hackamore for $39.99 It is my understanding that you can remove the rope noseband on these and replace with a beta noseband. These come in arab size and normally sell for about $45-$75.
From the Distance Depot
Toklat Interference Boot from The Distance Depot $19.99 (black only).
Gator Grip Gloves from The Distance Depot These come in various colors and sizes for $25.00
Equitag from The Distance Depot This tag braids into your horse's mane for identification purposes in case you are separated from your horse. $4.00
Bucket Covers for $10-13 at The Distance Depot I'd love to get me a few of these for my buckets at the vet check.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association