I ordered a beta with biothane overlay breastcollar and a Tipperary Sportage helmet from The Distance Depot on Christmas Day. They have already delivered both items. Now that is pretty darned good service. They have been one of the best places to work with on distance gear that I've run across, and I think this is my fourth of fifth purchase from them. I wanted, but really couldn't afford a padded breast collar, so went ahead and ordered one out of beta that wasn't. The beta is so soft that I think the padding would not have been necessary. It is a beautifully made piece of tack, with all stainless hardware. Can't wait to get the chance to try it on her.
We all know my "Granny vs. Ground" percentage hasn't been so good in 2009. I always ride with a helmet, but only had a schooling helmet that hubby purchased at the TSC after I bashed a hole in the first one by falling on my head, the second one is still holding in there, but isn't a perfect fit. So I felt that it was time to put my big girl panties on and invest in a really good helmet because I only have one brain, and want to hang on to what is left of it. I got it in carbon grey since that is a nice neutral. Tried that helmet on and OH MY GOSH!!! It fit like it was made for my head, and the protection goes lower over the back of my skull. It is a just a really NICE helmet. The sizing was worrying me, but I went by their chart and it fits like it was custom made for my head.
So a big THANK YOU to the The Distance Depot for the continued great service and high quality products! ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association