I've tried about six different remedies so far. It isn't getting any worse, but it isn't getting any better either.
We've done: Desitin, Desitin with triple antibiotic + antifungal + steroid, antifungal shampoo scrubs, spray on antifungal, drop on antifungal, antibacterial ointment with tea tree oil, furacin + DMSO. The horse is over it to the point she doesn't want me picking up her feet, and I am over trying to pick up the hoof, hold the hoof, and get whatever preparation on the scabbed up areas. Okay (deep breath) I've vented.
Any new and improved ideas? ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association